• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloaders Builders Supply

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am new to the forum and trying to decide on a higher quality Pennsylvania style flint kit to build. Any comments on this supplier's products, service, prices, etc.

jumpy said:
Am new to the forum and trying to decide on a higher quality Pennsylvania style flint kit to build. Any comments on this supplier's products, service, prices, etc.

Welcome to the forum.

Track of The Wolf gives great service and has some pretty nice kits. Also try TVM, October Country, and Tip Curtis in Tennessee. I will look up Tip's phone number and PM it to you as he has no web site.

Everybodies prices are too high, but that's life.

Of all the options I think that the sorces Swampy mentioned is likley the best as far as quality, amount of work allreday done and historical accuracy of the product, one must get a good understanding of just what is envolved in one of these upper level "kits" though, it is much different than putting a scale modle P-51 together.There may be some info of a tutorrial nature in the gun building forum below, one can easily get over 100 hrs into one of these projects this of course will vary depending on experience and ability with the skill sets required, most anyone can do them though I feel, as long as patience and some good tutorial literature is aquired and well read and followed, many here help folks working on guns regularly as well thru the forum.

I have dealt with MBS many times, and they are always accurate in my orders, and prompt. I have not ordered a kit from them, but they seem to be on par with everyone else. Besides, they need the help.

I've ordered lots of parts from them (mbs). I have a pistol barrel and stock on the way from them now. Ryan is a good guy to work with.

Latest posts

Back