• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 1st auction... I won!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came within an inch of bidding on the very same gun. Hope it turns out to be a good shooter. A hell of a deal.

Even if the bbl. is less than perfect,The parts are worth the money.I have the Renegade in .54cal.and like it a lot.Let us know how it shoots ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :applause:

If'n yours shoots like the one that I got (member I just got the barrel/ the stock was out of site) - you have one awsome sidelock. I can not believe how well that old things shoots and i am shooting sabots and copperclad bullets - I am amazed at the old barrel... One of the guys that we know has a Renegade that he swears by, he says that it has never failed to go off for him.... Good luck and great buy...

Thanks for the upbeat replies. I'm sure curious about that odd-lookin' mount for that scope. Most of these barrels generally use the rear sight screw to lock down the mount in front, but this one still has the rear sight on the barrel. Maybe it has an after market drill & tap job for the scope. Either way, the el-cheapo scope will come off in January (after huntin' season). That's when I'm buying me a 58 cal barrel for it... maybe some fiber-optic sights from[url] RMCsports.com[/url] too. I can't see black on black anymore without my cheaters on... gotta have the red & green dot sights to hit anything on paper nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you could always try a nice German Silver sight.
American silver is out of work and you are wanting him to use German silver... :haha:

NAFTA makes it's way to muzzleloading... :winking:

You shouldn't say "I won" an auction. You win lotteries, poker kitties and raffles. You should say "I agreed to pay more than anyone else" for auctions. :haha:

Good price on the Renegade, none the less. I love mine. Lose the funny spy-glass do-hickie off the top and you got a good, dependable rifle.

Never fear Musketman! The price of copper, gold and silver is way up!
The big copper companies are talking about reopening some of the big open pit mines here in Arizona!!
They get enough gold and silver out of these mines as "by products" to almost pay for the operation. Then I will be recommending Sterling Silver instead of German Silver...., well, maybe not for a front sight though. After about 4 shots, the sulphur will tarnish it and make it as black as the stock sight.

"You shouldn't say "I won" an auction. You win lotteries, poker kitties and raffles. You should say "I agreed to pay more than anyone else" for auctions. "
======================================================

Hey Stumpmurderer..lol

I did win! You see... I was the only bidder for that Renegade & a pre-determined starting price was present.

Latest posts

Back