• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 4-gauge rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sekiar

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking photos of my all time favorite 4-gauge muzzleloader. This fine example was custom built by C. Kern about five years ago. It has never been shot and it tips the scales at abt 18 pounds. The stock is of nice walnut. I had always wanted a real elephant gun since reading about the great hunts back when I was just a kid.
airgunbmw516.jpg
airgunbmw517.jpg
airgunbmw521.jpg

Wow it's a beauty! Doe's it have recoil reducers? What kind of rifling? looks like fun. Knock yourself out. :haha:

That is a really nice looking rifle it is amazing to think of the early African hunters having hunted with a bore like that, definitely be carefull you don't shoot your eye out.

texhunter said:
Pretty awesome. I think I'd hire some temporary help to fire it the first time or two!

I will offer my services. I would love a chance to send lead down range with her...damn fine lookin rifel sir :hatsoff:

COD

Squirrel gun? :haha:

She's purty sweet. Nice wood!
I'd shoot it. I'd HAFTA shoot it...

A decent recoil pad might help out too. I imagine just
pulling the trigger on this rifle could result in some lasting pain.

Just another observation of mine.

Thumbs up besides the level English buttstock which I have gathered is not good for absorbing heavy recoil.

:thumbsup:

Congrats, that is a beautiful rifle. I once got to fire one shot from a 4 bore and it was not unpleasant at all. It was a "light load", only 200 grains of powder, but it also was a light rifle at only 14 pounds. I only fired the one shot because there were other people waiting to try it but I think I could have shot it all day without discomfort. It just sort of rocked me back but didn't seem to slam into my shoulder, not nearly so unpleasant as a 12 gauge slug from a modern shotgun.

"Squirrel gun" load. 125 Grains fg,.020 pillowticking patch and a 1 1/4 lb. grey squirrel Hold 6" high at 100 yards. Oh, and load tail first. It's extra cool if you outfit the squirrel with a superman cape.

Latest posts

Back