• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My First Flintlock Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah Clark

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

While all deer are special, and I know this is no monster buck . . to me she is, as this is my first deer ever taken with a muzzleloader.

My Lyman GPR lefty, 50 did the trick.

Micah

IMG_1111_zps0vbm0voj.jpg

Nice shooting fella! Some good eating ahead of you!
I got a nice Caribou this year and the meat is very good. Hard to tell it is even wild meat it is so mild tasting.
I didn't get mine with a flint lock so yours should taste particularly good!

First muzzleloader deer and a flint -- good for you! A good gunsmith could put the lock on the right side for you ya know...
:wink:

Congratulations first of many.
I think it is a great deer especially with a rock lock. :thumbsup:
Since I don't eat antlers I think a nice fat doe will help fill the freezer and give you some tasty low cholesterol meat.

Darren Haverstick said:
Any deer taken with a traditional muzzleloader is a trophy in my book. Congratulations! That will be some fine eating.

Darren

I agree . . thanks Darren !!

Spikebuck said:
That's a great accomplishment. Congratulations! :hatsoff: I'm sure there will be many more in your flintlock hunting future. :thumbsup:

I hope so . . . who knows, I've been thinking about building a smooth rifle or fowler and maybe in a few years . . . I might be trying a smoothie with a patch and big ball some day.

Congratulations!!!!
Out here, it is said that any elk is a trophy. I feel that goes for any deer with black powder, and especially a flinter.

Back