• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My First

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the eagles come back to the nest on rt 26? I have hunted that area I am amazed you got a Gray I thought we only had the red fox around here. I do see some out by Moraine view state park near Leroy Illinois

buttonbuck said:
Did the eagles come back to the nest on rt 26? I have hunted that area I am amazed you got a Gray I thought we only had the red fox around here. I do see some out by Moraine view state park near Leroy Illinois

I don't know about the eagle nest on rt 26 that you're asking about. Where's it at? I can see if I can find out. I'm planning on another trip or more out there. I see eagles all the time in my regular stompin' grounds from Bartonville to Banner.
I hunted Moraine View one time. Never saw a gray. Saw a bunch of fox squirrel.
The only grays I ever saw around here before were inside East Peoria city limits. I really want to get back out there and spend a lot more time checking the place over.

If you are going north on 26 the first pull off for the conservation area you can see a nest in a dead elm tree next to the water Hope it is still there after the storms. These eagles seem used to being watched there are signs telling you where to part to watch them. The gray ones I saw by the ranger station but there are a lot of them in Elsworth the nearest town to the park. You can see white squirrels in Olney Illinois. I went out squirrel hunting yesterday they got ran off by the hosts dog Seen 2 big reds as I walked up but did manage to find my missing ramrod this is of course after I ordered 2 new ones from Track of the wolf.

Dang. Ya ruint the bestest part. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Have ya ever watched an carnivore eat a varmint? They always eat the head first, cause that's the best part. :barf:

I read a story about a guy who wrote his master's thesis on squirrel hunting. He mentioned that his GrandMother didn't want the squirrels shot in the head because she liked to eat the brains with a spoon. :hmm: GW

another thesis was done on squirrels they recover 2/3 of all the nuts they bury. I wish I was that successful I guess the trick is to do a few things well. It sure doesn't get much better than that Hunt Jethro.

Well, yeah... actually they was both "out"...

I figgered somebody would mention brains.
My Grandma used to eat fried brains. She ate raw liver too tho. :barf:

buttonbuck,
I was hunting on the other side of the river on 29, but I'll try and check out the rt 26 side next time out. I bet the eagles are there.

OOOOOH that left a mark. Roy's guns seem to bring out the best in people.
Dusty

Back