• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My gun, tell me what's wrong with it.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so who's going to be next to put their neck on the block and invite the axeman to swing? ::

Give me a couple months. I'm working on my daughter's 25cal A. Verner rifle right now.....about ready to start the patchbox.

Anyway I'm used a Stan Hollenbaugh lock and already made a mistake in not modifying the lock plate before I started. :(

SP

Well, the screw head on the breech tang should have been positioned so the slot would line up with the barrel. Seeing how it's not perfect, I'll give you $2.99 for it if you throw in the shipping for free. That's my final offer. :crackup:

Very nice gun, I like it a lot, it reminds me a little bit of a gun my great, great, great grandfather used in some stupid war with this guy with a dumb looking hat made of stolen gold and it had points on it and jewels.... anyway this guy kept bugging people for money (kind of how the mob used to do) and when my GGG grandfather wouldn't pay the guy with the funny hat he sent over his cronies to get the money but old papy and the boys kicked the $#!+ out of them, but anyway I do like the gun very much...
:blah:

TheGunCellar

Well, right off the bat I see a Major flaw in the rifle....

I don't own it !! ::

Very nice work........... :thumbsup:

Absolutely beautiful work! A Squire custom, and it looks exactly as it should.

and it looks exactly as it should.

How's that, Squireful? And Robin, heck, we all knowed ya was just joshin; bout the sissie thing. If not, a bunch of us here would be on a boat headed fer that Island y'all live on over across the big pond. Course if we built our boat Like an Englishman, the way y'all built that American gun, we would never make it over there anyway, so y'a'll would be safe.
:crackup: :kid:

Are you looking for something of a technical/design related response, or is "it's ugly" good enough? :blah:

Please be more specific, which bits are particularly abhorrant? Feel free to tear it to shreds. It can't be right, I know nothing about American guns :shake:

Barrel keys instead of pins. I don't recall seeing photos of early period American longrifles with barrel keys. I think barrels were commonly pinned to the stocks instead. And I'll second the question about the wood. What is it?

Cruzatte

D'oh! He hangs the bait while I'm out of town and then apologizes before I've had a chance at it.

Can't fight our way out of wet paper bags! Good thing he later apologized or I might have been tempted to say that luckily, we only had to fight closebred, foppish hot air bags so they were easier. :crackup:

I might even have been tempted to say that we never should have gone over there and finished two of their later wars and left all that "lend-lease" equipment for them to reverse engineer and finally learn how to build firearms and vehicles (after having restocked their gene pool while on shore leave. :winking:

But as he was civil enough to recall his taunt I'll refrain, also. :hatsoff:

Now to that, what was it he called it? Rifle? (You can tell it's not a British design because it's not leaking oil).

It ain't beat up enough. :hmm: Americans take their rifles outdoors. We have trees and dirt and such that mussies 'em up.

The ball-bearing rammer retainer. Clever. But innovation is what awakens the correctness demons from their pits of despair to bring their wrath down upon us and must be avoided. :nono: Innovation leads to lazer optic sights and conical projectiles and other downfalls from the path of grace.

The cock looks short of the pan? Is that just the camera angle?

Pinned escutcheons? With the heads proud? They didn't come in the kit.

And one of the "C"'s facing upward at the heel? Have you no shame, man?

Hey Stumpkiller, I think he tried to pull the char cloth over our eyes ::, I forgot they aren't allowed to have guns over there :shake:, those were just pictures of a gun, they just hang pictures of guns on the wall and call it a collection, probably a good thing, remember the last time they were allowed to have'um. :shocking:

TheGunCellar

99.9% got your jest, so FYI, no offence taken by me.

Now them damned Scots are another matter. I still have jaw problems from a boozed up night in 1957 after some of us Yanks in a French bistro made SA remarks about men wearing skirts on maneuvers. :nono:

Now to that, what was it he called it? Rifle? You can tell it's not a British design because it's not leaking oil).

Brit bikes like old Harleys don't leak, they mark their spot!

I made this gun, it's supposed to look historical and like it was made in the U S of A. What's wrong with it?

Incidentally, all American's are limp sissies who couldn't punch their collective way out of a paper bag :blah:

The main problem that I see with your gun is that it is in your gun case instead of mine. :winking:

As for your comment about limp sissies, I and my fellow members of the 11th Pennsylvania would like to submit the following reply. :)

4july-16.jpg

LOL!

Well, lets' see a target result from this rifle and we'll let you know if an American would keep it. ::

(I didn't tell our Squire that it's far better than anything I could produce and, mostly, I'm just insanely jealous of his talent.)

Back