• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My latest daydream: A Kibler escopeta ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rudyard, I should have guessed that you have an escopeta or two under your gunmaker's belt! :cool:
I will revisit the museums in Santa Fe and Albuquerque once back in the state -- and Kit Carson's wonderful old home in Taos. It seems there may have been an escopeta at the Coronado Historic Site in Bernalillo on the Rio Grande. I remember lance heads, morions and cuirasses on display, but can't recall any firearms.
Sam, book a window seat for me, will ya? 😅

Rudyard mentions "belt hook". The Spanish seemed obsessed with the use of belt hooks for much of their gun building. Today, you will see more Spanish pistols with belt hooks than not. Even their military light carbine length guns meant for cavalry use included a LONG belt type hook for attachment to the saddle I'm guessing.

Rick

CVA did produce a miquelet pistol, a longer one and a small pocket pistol. I think RickySTL had one. Maybe the molds or whatever are still in a drawer somewhere in Spain……

CVA did produce a miquelet pistol, a longer one and a small pocket pistol. I think RickySTL had one. Maybe the molds or whatever are still in a drawer somewhere in Spain……
Here's their ad from back in the 1980's (I think). I have two of the boot pistols. But I've never seen one of the belt pistols come up for sale second-hand.

CVA-74-14_zps54eda304.jpg

Back