• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My, my … now THOSE are bigguns!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Big black powder shoot today. We had a flintlock wall gun, 4 bore, the ball weigh 4 ounces and are almost 1” in diameter.

We were shooting 300-grain loads. I also had my swivel gone, shooting golf balls with 400-grain loads.

Then left to right … a 32, 54, 75 & 4-Bore roundballs.

FYI, the wall gun owner wants to sell it …

IMG_3092.jpeg

IMG_3096.jpeg

Then we had the BIG Swede, courtesy @rickystl, a 1600s Swedish ‘Snaplock’, a lock design using flint for ignition, but maybe prior or around the development of the Snaphaunce or Spanish Miquelet, but definitely almost 100-years before the true French Flintlock.

She is a 75-cal of 46” barrel & NOBODY there had ever seen, never mind heard, of such a beast! She looks ungainly, but the stock design firstly is intriguing and it holds really, really well, even offhand!

IMG_1508.jpeg

Oh, this was my 1st time firing it & my 1st shot and EVERY shot fired afterwards … hit the 10” metal gong @ 50-yards, all offhand to boot!

I had an opportunity to buy a wall gun quite a few years back, but at that time I couldn't justify the cost. I don't remember what the guy was asking for it, but it was far above what I could afford then. I've been kicking myself in the rear ever since because I didn't get it.

Back