• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new 16 Bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be a bit easier to build on that bench than up on those pegs....but I understand, my bench is every bit as cluttered as yours. :wink:

Seriously though, what do you mean about turning the barrel down in steps instead of a straight taper? Do you mean stepped like a Mauser barrel? Could you give some more detail please?

Thanks, J.D.

Did it in three stages. From breech to about 14"(Id hafta go measure )is a sharper taper , then for about 10" a more gradual taper to about 1", and then on out to muzzle .
Basicaly turned as a modern shotty barrel but thicker.

I drew a map full size on butcher paper with dimentions until it looked right then marked them down on barrel before starting from muzzle to breech.
Barrel had to be repositioned as did steadyrest and tailstock at each stage.

Back