• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo40

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's my new bag I finished a couple of weeks ago, first one I've ever tried with leather, done a couple of canvas ones in the past. Used the plans that are floating around the internet then added some stuff I saw that I liked. Used 3/4 ounce leather, the insets are red wool, the four leather lacing hanging on the front I cut from the same leather an going to make game keepers out of them if I can get small enough brass rings. If I don't like it it will be easy to remove them. Leather isn't as red as it looks in the pics, the camera doesn't like the florescent lighting. Thanks!
Chris
bag.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

riflebaganhorn.jpg

Looks great.
Did you stitch it by hand or use a machine?
I made a leather bag years ago but used my moms leather machine.
I like the look of hand stitched more.
I do like the knife sheath on the back of the bag that is a cool idea.
I need to get one of the patern books on bags.

Thanks guys, its all hand stitched, and I did have a post on here of the powderhorn an one other I made recently but the post has disappeared???? Guess someone didn't like it.

Mongo40 said:
Thanks guys, its all hand stitched, and I did have a post on here of the powderhorn an one other I made recently but the post has disappeared???? Guess someone didn't like it.

Did you post the horn in the classifieds? That will be a cause for a thread being deleted as you can't post in both places, only one or the other.

Very impressive.
You should keep your hand at this craft.
PJC

Back