• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New Screensaver...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Won't get tired of this one any time soon...still can't believe my good luck opening day.

68POINTRACKSHEADONCROPPED.jpg

Roundball, that rifle looks better to me very time I see it..Great Picture.That was a red letter day!

I've killed a few bucks on opening day but never two in the same morning. I'd keep that memory a long, long time. We've talked before but again a very nice rifle indeed!

John

Congrats on your deer. A very nice looking rifle too. I wouldn't mind hearing how the situation played out getting the deer.

Now you're just braggin', roundball!! :rotf:

Just pickin'! I've got my doe I killed on my desktop, so I don't blame you a bit for puttin' them beauties up! :grin:

That's really GREAT! Roundball. Congratulations on a fine hunt and I've got to say NICE RIFLE!
Idaho PRB

Awesome Harvest! What is the custom maker and caliber, I recall you talking about having a custom made but my memory fails me.

Hey Bill, you did very well on opening morning indeed!! Great photo, thanks for sharing. Emery

buttonbuck said:
"...What is the custom maker and caliber, I recall you talking about having a custom made but my memory fails me..."
Built by Matt Avance at TVM (Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading)
Early Virginia style
Super premium ++ curly maple
My LOP & Drop specs on the stock
Rice 38" D-weight swamped .58cal
Chambers deluxe siler
Davis double set triggers
Aged steel finish on barrel & lock
Brass furniture

Fits good, shoots good, looks good...just needed some deer to cooperate and even they were good!
:grin:

Nice looking gun & bucks! :hatsoff:

What did you end up with for the breech? If I remember right you wanted to go with a patent, hooked breech plug, right? Is that what you did?

It's a straight tang patent breech, not hooked...very fast and clean.
TOW had recommended Dennis McCandless in New Mexico who runs a custom breeching machine shop...sent him the barrel and he custom made/fitted the plug to it...excellent work.

Roundball,
That picture would surely bring a smile to your face every time you look at it. I’m smiling now.

Good Hunting
.690RB

Roundball,I hope you realize The ONLY way to top this is 2 buck with 1 shot! :rotf:

410-er said:
"...the ONLY way to top this is 2 buck with 1 shot! :rotf: ..."

With 63 years already on the planet I can't imagine I'll be topping it...maybe the smart thing to do is have the .58cal barrel bored out to a .62cal smoothbore and just hunt squirrels & turkey from now on :grin:

Back