• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New Screensaver...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah just have a second one made up. My friend John made and sold bows for a few years and he would "prototype" bows for himself and his wife would just roll her eyes. One day she who came up with the names for the model bows he marketed just wrote "The Ultimate"

Congrats Roundball, Great looking bucks. I'm headin home soon and plan to lay down a couple myself. Were they shot out of the same blind/stand ?If so how long between shots? Give us the scoop.

WOW!!!

Two nice bucks... great shootin', Roundball... hope I can get just ONE like those "fellas"!

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

No question the Deer Gods smiled on an old man opening morning and the .58cal Virginia worked perfectly as it should have. I think one of the things that contributed to the buck movement where I was, is that NC had a massive acorn crop this year and the ground in the oak flat that I sit was carpeted with them all through October and on into early November.

Deer had been gorging themselves on the acorns, bucks had quit their fighting (note each buck has a tine snapped off) and by Nov 7th were now cruising on into daylight for Does...they come up out of a dense thicket/gully/bedding area adjacent to the oak flat scent checking for them in the oaks.

Here's the view from the natural blind...in the very back center of the photo you'll see a tree leaning from right to left at a 45* angle...that tree is 50yards (48 good steps) and is where I tagged both of them as they each followed the same hot Doe track out of the thicket, an hour apart.

The few acre dense thicket/gully where the bucks hole up is out of the frame on the left side of the photo, north of the oak flat and I only hunt that flat when the wind is out of the north...I'm sitting on the west edge of the flat facing east.

OakFlatEntryFromThicket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love that 58cal! I tell ya what, I love shooting my 58cal and I dont regret buying it one bit. Wish it was as pretty at yours though!

Nice rifle, and nice deer.

Kirk

Back