• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My small game outing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a wonderful afternoon with my musketoon in my natural blind.

Using just 3/4oz of home made shot and 50grn equiv of Pyrodex from my .58 smoothrifle me and the dog waited for a pheasant or two to pass.

They did!

frontn004.jpg

Love it :grin:

Brits.

Nice job :thumbsup: You got my mouth watering :grin: I`ll eat pheasant over chicken ANY day.

Nice...squirrel stew and bacon wrapped pheasant. :bow:

Brit..do you sit a wait for the birds too?..
are they driven your way?
are there that many birds just wondering around?
Interested how its done across the pond....Thanks...
You had a great day!Keep the pic's coming.

makeumsmoke said:
Nice...squirrel stew and bacon wrapped pheasant. :bow:

Brit..do you sit a wait for the birds too?..
are they driven your way?
are there that many birds just wondering around?
Interested how its done across the pond....Thanks...
You had a great day!Keep the pic's coming.

I sat and waited for these after scouting revealed they had moved in etc. I used a natural blind I made years ago as it does seem to be a hot spot off and on.

Lots of driven shooting around here. I am lucky in that some wondering birds come my way.

B.

I saw my first bird (phesant) 2 days ago in that many years, the coyotes have knocked them down. I really enjoy bird hunting.

buttonbuck said:
I saw my first bird (phesant) 2 days ago in that many years, the coyotes have knocked them down. I really enjoy bird hunting.
Ground nesters are very suseptable to varmints, thats why I shoot alot of fox's around these parts.

B.

nice work Brits ! :thumbsup: ...but your photographer got you in the way of that fine dog of yours.

hawk 2 said:
nice work Brits ! :thumbsup: ...but your photographer got you in the way of that fine dog of yours.

Yes I missed the dog. The photographer was a fence post! The first try was a failure and it was going dark quick so,,,,,,

B :thumbsup:

Back