• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

my squirrel opener

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spence..Your living right!...
Thank you for taking us along.
Falls coming fast....Have a great season!.

George said:
As far as my tales, I'm sure there is a large percentage of snakeoil to them, because all my hunting is done for routine, non-maneating species on my own small farm. It may have been fifteen years since I hunted anywhere else. Not many adventures there. :wink: :wink:

I can't think of any hunting posts I've enjoyed more over the years than the ones you've done on your farm. :hatsoff:

I think it's called a, "Stilthar".

Sliding patchbox lids have a habit of becoming lost so, as the mountain man said:

"Wal, now this har child has seen everthin.
Ye had at gun fer what? Couple o yars an that ole' patchbox lid is a stil thar! "

:grin:

Zonie said:
I think it's called a, "Stilthar".
You got that right, Zonie. A couple of years after I bought that gun I found the patchbox lid missing when I was cleaning the gun after a hunt. Panic doesn't describe it. Reminded me of that old Navy saying, "When in danger, fear or doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." I did 'em all. Next morning I made the 25 mile trip to the farm and retraced every step I had made during the hunt, and, fortunately, found the lid where I had taken a break and set the gun up against a tree. Apparently the release button was pushed by a stick on the ground, and I didn't notice. Burn me once.... I imediately rigged a flax linen lanyard to keep that from happening again, ever.

Spence

Back