• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MZL camp for wabbit hunting ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Building upon our late Fall deer MZL season camp, we just opened the tent camp for a few days wabbit hunting between Xmas and New Years.

Mr. Sonny, all 110-pounds of him, is sitting out front to greet the hunters.

21D8B72F-D1DA-4F40-94B5-E9FB56085277.jpeg

And uhhhhhhhh, the 1st thing I did at camp was to remove the non-period correct chair, haha! We do setup as traditional a camp as we can; I even change out my eyewear to period correct glasses.

Super looking camp Flint62!!! The lighting in the photo sure Makes it look inviting. All the better with your fine looking shepherd (confirmed dog lover here).

Thanks for sharing, Skychief.

What a great idea! We live so close to our rabbit terrain (right in the middle actually) I never considered camping. But I have a dandy wall tent with wood stove, so it's just a matter of gumption.... :p

One thing you might add to the festivities- Dunno if it's legal in your part of the world, but when we know we'll be heading to the same spot the next day, we'll often set a handful of snares on our way out in the evening. Lots to learn about the rabbits and the terrain when you do that, and a whole lot of fun with a practical historically correct skill.

What a great idea! We live so close to our rabbit terrain (right in the middle actually) I never considered camping. But I have a dandy wall tent with wood stove, so it's just a matter of gumption.... :p

One thing you might add to the festivities- Dunno if it's legal in your part of the world, but when we know we'll be heading to the same spot the next day, we'll often set a handful of snares on our way out in the evening. Lots to learn about the rabbits and the terrain when you do that, and a whole lot of fun with a practical historically correct skill.
Bear,
Great idea!
I see trapping as something to be done as you scout an area and they can act something like a trail camera in that you can see what's or what's not in the area when you're not around.
Even if the trapped is fouled and empty you'll have sign in and/or around it to let you know about activity.
Snares, if legal in the area, are the easiest traps to do that with.

The Sicilian

What is the period that your camp is portraying?
No one certain era, other than pre-percussion era ... and nothing modern. We’ll allow flashlights for safety if used discreetly and kept out of sight.

One of us dresses as an Eastern longhunter, while most of my clothing and firelocks are early French milicien. The whole point is to have fun and setup in the traditional manner, but none of us are ‘thread counters’ ...

No one certain era, other than pre-percussion era ... and nothing modern. We’ll allow flashlights for safety if used discreetly and kept out of sight.

One of us dresses as an Eastern longhunter, while most of my clothing and firelocks are early French milicien. The whole point is to have fun and setup in the traditional manner, but none of us are ‘thread counters’ ...
BRAVO!!!

Back