• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who among us are PIPE smokers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look man, i could not care less if a man smokes a pipe or not, my personal feeling is the study about people living longer who smokes one is a crock! and it sounds more like an excuse to do it than not to. i am just saying common sense tells me there can be no benefit from putting poison smoke with over 7000 chemicals into your mouth! if that is true then we need to encourage kids to do it so they can live a longer life! anyway i am no ken, Keren or anything else, and could not care less what you do if it doesn't affect me! have at it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Call up surgeon general ant tell him, or why your at it try NIH in England, who found it took five bowls per day to set a pipe smoke to the same life expectancy as non smokers, and seven to decrease life expectancy
As I pointed out in my post the increased life span isn’t related to pipe smoking, but the personality types that become smokers
All my labs in January of this year were normal, b/p this afternoon was 124/74. Pulse of 66,
I walked 85 miles in September 98 in august
The only med I take is for enlarged prostate
Most of the chemicals you mentioned are due to additives in cigarette smoking and the paper wrapper.
Pipe tobacco is doesn’t have those chemicals added.
No one is going to tell you that pipe smoking is a health seeking habit, but moderate to light pipe smoking has never been shown to have any health risk

Who here is also a pipe smoker? Not necessarily int he traditional sense....but enjoys a good pipe and tobacco after a day of shooting. .I would love to know what your are smoking (pipe) and what is your favorite blend....For me I smoke a few pipes, but my go to right now is a Missouri Meerschaum Dune Cobbit pipe, and I love County Squire Tombigbee......
I enjoy a few bowls in 2-3 pipes during a days shooting. Even at the Nationals. Fine coffee, pipe smoking and cigar smoking all work well with fine shooting. Don`t know why but one of our winning High Master shooters who has Parkinson's disease uses smoking to help him settle down his hold. He still wins some gold every year. He only has about 2-3 seconds hold time before massive shakes...nsp

Back