• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NAA Super Companion mini revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilfong

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just bought one on Gunbroker.
Anybody have experience with them?
Ozark57 had one in magnum rimfire and it was hoot.

Is this a cap & ball or a single-shot?

Does it use black powder?

"Magnums" are discussed in the Non-Muzzleloading Category, so maybe it's me that's a little confused?

Or are you writing about a .22LR?

Dave

I've always been curious about the black powder version. I have the .22LR version and I strongly dislike it. It's hard to grip and hard to shoot with. I give it credit for being very well built though. I think I'm more curious about .22 black powder than the gun itself. I wonder why more muzzleloaders aren't offered in that caliber.

So they make a BP version? WOW!

As to why not too many .22's in BP, I'm just guessing, but I'd say finicky to load due to small size and fat fingers. Plus if the bore fouls, is there any more room for a slug to go down? Just a couple of crazy thoughts!

Dave

A couple years ago, I shot a buck in the neck with my 45/70. He dropped in his tracks but was still alive when I got to him, so I shot him again with the rifle. If the little pistol has close to .22 rimfire ballistics, it'll work for this.

Plink said:
I've always been curious about the black powder version. I have the .22LR version and I strongly dislike it. It's hard to grip and hard to shoot with. I give it credit for being very well built though. I think I'm more curious about .22 black powder than the gun itself. I wonder why more muzzleloaders aren't offered in that caliber.
I'm currently building a .22 ML rifle, I'll post when completed.

My Dad was born in 1905 and as a kid he hunted with blackpowder cartridges because they were much cheaper than the smokeless variety. He claimed that a BP .22 short had less power than a new Daisy BB gun. :haha:

I have the .22 mag black powder model. It uses 5 grains of 4 FFFF for the charge which will totally
imbed the bullet into a one inch piece of pine at
40 ft. You will have to file the front sight down cuz outta the box it will shoot 6 inches low.
The 5 grain charge is what the original .22's were
loaded with..You will also have to buy your bullet from the company cuz 40 gr. bullets pulled from reglar cartridges are way too long. I like the pistole, but it it a little hard to grip so I installed the boot grips. I would say the little bullet could be fatal at close range...it would definitely penetrate your noggin !!!

Did yours come with the loading tool? If not you can look at mine and make one. They are some what under powered, however still fun to load and shoot at a very close target. Hard to get too much powder in these. The magnum 22 are like jack rabbits...they like to jump out of your hand so the first shot may be your only shot. :rotf:

They are all good noise makers, but mostly a waste of time.
I've had the 22rf. long rifle (bucked a lot, hit little)
22 short pleasant to shoot, but would bounce off a tree.
22BP fired unreliably with #10 caps, and not well at all with #11 caps.
If you were standing close to a lake, you could hit it often, but not always.
I would suggest you spend your hard earned money elswhere.
Been there!
Old Ford

It's coming with 2 cylinders, 2 loading tools, bullets, a holster, and some other goodies.
I don't imagine I'll be winning any bullseye matches with it.

Mine came in yesterday. 1st bp version I've had my hands on. Equally as well made as the cartridge versions. Couldn't wait; loaded both cylinders, drove out to the shop, and missed a beer can 10 times @ 15' :shocked2:
I'll set up a target today and figure out where it's shooting.

I've had my .22LR version for 20 someodd years and I still have trouble hitting a can at 15 feet! :rotf:

Once I figured out where to hold(really high and right), I could roll a beer can around @ 15-20'.
Now I'm making a better front sight and will mill a shallow notch for a rear sight.
It's a fun little plinker.

Back