• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

native bags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onefeather

45 Cal.
Reaction score
do any of you guys carry a bag with red fluufy yarn tassels or quilled or beaded or any bag and you have a picture and would post it i would like that because i am in the proscess of making my own and will post a pic thanks :imo:

Shotpouch.jpg

Be warned that this is just a personal flight of fancy. I started with a painting of Robert Rogers wearing a beaded or quilled bag & strap and came up with this.

The flap is sandwiched buckskin lining under red wool under the black dyed leather. The flap has a round hole so the red wool shows and a four petal dogwood blossom made from four pieces of buckskin with an ivory button center.

The tassels are red wool yarn in tin cones.

Stumpkiller
What happened to your rifle!! Somebody boogered it up and lost the rock! :haha:

Regards, Dave

That's a barely disguised T/C New Englander. It was a kit and actually has a bit of curl/stripe in the WALNUT stock. I have the 12 ga. barrel (po' man's trade gun/fowler) and a .50 rifle barrel (no excuses needed - it's a fine & accurate deer rifle).

HornandNE.jpg

Yes, I have cap guns and use 'em, too. :redface: That with the .50 barrel is what I carry during our regular (shotgun) deer season. Only one shot, but it's much more accurate than a rifled slug.

I believe that is just about one of the nicest stocks I seen to come with one of those kits. Looks good.

Regards, Dave

T/C are no dummies. That N/E was one of the very first kits, 4xx serial #. I purchased a Renegade in 1979 that had a beautiful swirly/marble walnut stock. Like a dummy I sold it. Three years later I bought another (which still have) and the grain looks like sugar pine only dark. :sleep: Only descernible feature is a little pin knot.

I think they use the good wood when introducing new models.

thats a nice bag i started on mine in a week or two i might be done but i would still like to see more pouches :eek:ff: :front:

Here's one I bought at market fair this year. It is brain tanned buckskin with porqupine quill decoration.

161Pouch.jpg

I forgot to put in my post that it's just a little neck pouch. Not even sure what I'm going to put in it yet. Thought about folding up a 100 dollar bill and keeping it there for emergencies (like when I'm out of money and see something I really want! lol).

I believe that the tinkling cones your speaking of for your bag should actually be tufts of dyed red deer hair. Local fly fishing shops will have the red deer hair (we tried dying it ourselves once but had no luck). Also what area or period are you trying to reproduce. That information will steer your descions regarding style and material... hope this helps.

~chingach

Back