• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nearing completion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
I'm always highly elated when a LR completion{Chambers early Lancaster} is hours away but it seems that all the minor tasks still take inordinate amounts of time. After the stock finish and browning of all parts are completed, one would think "she's done", but not so....final lock and trigger check, PBox release function check, shortening ten pins, slightly "antiqueing" all the brass parts, installing the sights and a few minor fixes. My hat's off to the fulltime builders....they must have a "system" that eliminates "repeats" which can be very time consuming and cost them some money. As a hobby builder I'm under no pressure to "get her done" and possibly because it's so enjoyable building 2-4 Mlers a year and not having to rely on my efforts for a living, I'll probably never become as efficient as the professionals.....Fred

Fred, you may never be as effcient as the pros, but you build some wonderful rifles. I really enjoy your Buck's county rifles.

Fred I cant wait to see the pics also. I am into 30 hrs of my lancaster and only 3000 to go. But I am having a ball mess ups and all. I think I will name my rifle the Humbleler lol. Boon :hatsoff:

Thanks guys...some pics will be posted when my photographer friend is available....Fred

Latest posts

Back