• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Neat “Moroccan Lock” action - Snaphaunce?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all,
This is in the Sevilla arms museum (Spain). One is a “Moroccan” lock which looks a bit like a snaphaunce? Second is a huge wall gun with a Miquelet style lock. I couldn’t get into the Arms museum in Madrid but there are other I’ll see during this trip.
Phil
IMG_5467.jpeg
IMG_5468.jpeg
IMG_5469.jpeg
View attachment IMG_5470.jpegView attachment IMG_5459.jpegView attachment IMG_5461.jpeg
IMG_5469.jpeg

NICE! Love it!

Horizontal sear through lockplate, cock ‘stop’ external to the lockplate, round ‘knob’ projection off the pan, large frizzen with ~90-degree elbow off an arm … definite Snaphaunce.

Wonder if the cock moving forward pushes open a ‘closed’ pan cover???

NICE! Love it!

Horizontal sear through lockplate, cock ‘stop’ external to the lockplate, round ‘knob’ projection off the pan, large frizzen with ~90-degree elbow off an arm … definite Snaphaunce.

Wonder if the cock moving forward pushes open a ‘closed’ pan cover???
I didn’t see a sliding pan cover but we were moving kinda quickly unfortunately so didn’t get a great look. However when I loo at the pic maybe the pan cover is already slid forward?

Back