• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

need a flintock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the good information everyone its been very helpful,going to the different web sites mentioned helped.Due to ballistics I think the .40cal would suit my perposes better for the variaty of small game that I'm planning on taking.Thee Pennsylvania flinter seems to atract my eye.I like the looks of the full stock and lengthy barrel.Read that the swamped barrel ballances well so well go with that.Still deciding between blued or browned barrel leaning more so towards browned.Need ideas for the action and trigger still.Would also want the stock oiled finish compared to the varnish.Like some brass furniture with it but not to much,something like a poor-boy rifle setup but with alittle more brass.Maybe a good idea to do a kit myself but i would have to purchase the proper tools.So instead of doing that investment I'd rather spend $500 more ($1,500 total) towards a rifle already done.Would like some more input on the history of the rifle ,the rifles that lead up to the Pennsylvania and the ones there after.Thank you,

Well, the "in the white" flinter arrived yesterday and I sent it back today. There were "issues" that did not show in the photos or description... It also could have been packed better.
:(

I've decided to turn my 50 cal.per. T/C into a .40 cal flinter found all the parts I need at three different web sites,so I'm just going to go for it.Being familiar with the rifle some it should be a good first project.Thanks again,

Back