• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

need advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will have to find the "sweet spot" on your own. I've never heard of that Omega thing but if it is one of those other kind of muzzleloaders we don't talk about those kind of guns here.

jared185 said:
is there a sweet spot for accuracy or is that something u have to figure out on your own

Something you have to figure out on your own. People here who have that gun and caliber can probably tell you what they use and you can start your experimentation there, but your personal optimal load may be somewhat different. It's not just powder charge but roundball diameter and patch thickness or conical type/weight, if you go that route. Half the fun is figuring out what your gun likes to eat.

Good luck!

I guess I need to point out to folks that this is a Traditional Muzzleloading site.

TC Omega's and the other modern "muzzleloaders" on the market are not allowed to be discussed here per the Forum rules everyone agrees to when they sign up.

That said, most of us feel that the whole idea of using a muzzleloader to hunt with is to experience the challenges that were common when these guns were the only type of guns available.

Taking 200-600 yard shots isn't the game.

The game is being able to stalk the animals to get close enough to take a shot that will kill them humanly.
That means working to within 100 yards or less before the shot is made.

Yeah I was hoping someone who had that gun or had shot it migh t give me a starting point and me experiment from there

There are a number of forums that talk about those modern things but IMO, when it comes to the folks who know about sidelock muzzleloaders, our place can't be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back