• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need advise!!! Colt 1860 serial #s fake or legit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any photos of what gain twist rifling looks like? Edit found info

Yap -
20160713_153730.jpg

20160713_153740.jpg

20160713_153748.jpg

Mike

It slipped my mind you said it was a Remington. Got that Colt thing swirling in my mind and guess I thought you could just yank that barrel off and take a Ansel Adam's grade photo of just what were talking about here. 😃
Getting bore photo from breech of my unfired orig 58 Remington was a bit above my Ansel talents without a pipe wrench
but did get a better bore photo from the muzzle. :)
Mike's Colt photos did much better showing lack of twist at the breech.

Attachments

• Orig. 1858 Rem. NMA Bore photo 3.jpg
    Orig. 1858 Rem. NMA Bore photo 3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
Refinished and inscribed Colt 1860 serial dates to 1863 thats been refinished. Does these serial numbers look legit? Fake? Thoughts? Any help appreciated.
Colt is maybe the only company that you can go to and enter the serial number on your firearms. There have a site just for that. Google colt serial number lookup.

Back