• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need another Forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJR

45 Cal.
Reaction score
To all who read this post, I believe we need another forum added to this site. It should be a forum to allow us to post the passing of our fellow comrads. Muzzleblast has the Last Relay and I believe that would be an appropriate heading for us as well. Today as I went to the club to do some shooting I was notified about a dear friend who passed on July 4th. He died in his sleep of a heart attack. I hadn't known him long, but he was the type of person who always made you feel good. Always had a hand shake, a smile and good words for everyone. He had been in muzzleloading just about forever. If you had a problem or needed a hand with something, he was the first one in line to help. Roy Pearce from the Clan of the Wolverine will truly be missed.

I think that would be a good idea too, sorry to hear about you loss of a friend.

I would also like to see a "WELCOME" forum, where new members can post a little more about themselves and we can welcome them to our forum.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Both the above mentioned forums will be added very soon.

Any suggestions for the friends passing forum? "Last Sunset", "End of the Trail", Last rendezvous", "Beyond the Great Divide", etc. Something respectful and not too corny?

quote:Originally posted by Claude Mathis:
Any suggestions for the friends passing forum? "Last Sunset", "End of the Trail", Last rendezvous", "Beyond the Great Divide", etc. Something respectful and not too corny? I like: "Beyond the Great Divide"

How about: "Drifting Rendezvous"

quote:Originally posted by DEADDAWG:
Claude, What ever happened on this? Take care, Rick. It's very difficult to talk about this without sounding disrespectful, but most of the people that I polled did not feel the need for the category.

The consensus was, that since the users of this forum are spread all over the country, almost no one on the board would know the people being "remembered". Our local gun club has a column in our newsletter for this, but it's a "local" organization.

Personally, I'm not opposed to adding the category if more people show an interest.

Claude
I think that we are an unique, close knit group of enthusiasts. Though we are of different parts of the country, and of the world for that matter. We are a brotherhood of a common thread, and any loss of a fellow brother should be of interest to all, even if we never had the pleasure to share a camp with them. We still all mourn the loss of a fellow "Skinner".
Just a thought.

I agree the passing of someone is a sad occasion and we ought to feel free to let others who may have known the deceased know about it.
I feel we currently have the right to do so on this Forum right here in the "General Interest" section if we feel some of the members may have known the unfortunate person. However if a special section were created no matter what you call it I for one would not be interested in reading it.

A good friend at the range I go to passed away about 8 months ago (sudden heart attack). I knew him well enough to know what his responce to my putting his name in a forum would be: "What in the Hell did you do that for? Those people don't know me from Adam!!!".

I will vote nay on this subject.

Latest posts

Back