• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need ball and patch size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEYOKA, like I commented before the Bridgeport gun shop in Bridgeport tx sells goex,if you can not find any closer to you they have a few other items [ balls , patches,ect] but not a big selection. Its not hard to find after you get to Bridgeport, its the only business there. good luck [ glad you got your gun]

Good thing you clarified. I was looking at Wichita Falls for the place :haha:
Plano is a nice quiet place where we live but it seems to be lacking in BP stuff.

Just found out there is a Bass Pro shop 35 minutes away from me and they do carry real black powder. Its a little more but the hour and a half drive to the other place might cost the differance in gas.

Everyone around here seems to shoot a .535 ball and a .010 patch. My gun LOVES this combo with 55 grains of FFFG Goex. Just somethin to chew on......

FYI, my brother just ordered a case of FFFg powder from Powder, Inc, delivered to his door for a price per lb( 25 lbs to the case) of less than $14.00. Its due tomorrow. He orders the powder for members of his gun club, when he gets enough orders and money to pay for a full case.

Many of these dealers will sell you as little as 4 or 5 lbs per shipment, and discount the price somewhat- maybe not the same as a Case price.

Find a local club and other MLers, and go together to buy your powder, to save the costs. You pay shipping, and the Hazardous Materials Fee on powder orders- or, as with this case lot sale, the Company pays that for you, and figures it into their profit margins.

If you are a Texan, you should contact the Texas Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, which has its range at Brady, Texas, and its own website. Join, and you will be able to find local clubs and members to help you get into this sport in and around Plano. The NMLRA also has contact information about Charter Clubs in Texas, and State Representatives in many different areas of the State. You may be able to get that information off their Website. Its a great Organization, and you should join it, also. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back