• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need Help Finding A Specific Set of Williams Sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHarris

Sharp Shooter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a .54 cal Green Mountain drop-in 15/16" barrel for my TC Hawken. It has Williams sights. I love the sights.

I HATE the factory sights on my TC .45 barrel. I want to replace them.

I've gone to Williams website and looked all over the place. I've looked at other websites and can't find anything like the ones that came on that GM barrel.

Does anybody know the exact model # of those Williams sights that GM uses on that .54 cal 15/16" barrel? If I knew the model # of the sights, I might have better luck finding a set.

Thanks

I just went and looked at the Williams sight I took off my GM .54 cal 1" barrel. There was no number on it..........

ChrisHarris said:
I recently purchased a .54 cal Green Mountain drop-in 15/16" barrel for my TC Hawken. It has Williams sights. I love the sights.

I HATE the factory sights on my TC .45 barrel. I want to replace them.

I've gone to Williams website and looked all over the place. I've looked at other websites and can't find anything like the ones that came on that GM barrel.

Does anybody know the exact model # of those Williams sights that GM uses on that .54 cal 15/16" barrel? If I knew the model # of the sights, I might have better luck finding a set.

Thanks

Seems like you need to contact GM for your needs,seems like a simple solution.

Richard Eames said:
Seems like you need to contact GM for your needs,seems like a simple solution.

It is.

But I got home from work too late this evening. They were closed.

I was just hoping somebody might know - off the top of their head - exactly what sights they put on those barrels. Then I could go find a set and order them this weekend. Maybe install them next week and be shooting them next weekend?

How silly of me.......... to think somebody might actually know the answer, and then to think that somebody might TELL me...... instead of just badgering me about it.

Call GM -- REALLY?!?!? No kidding? You think I didn't already think of that????? :cursing:

Can anybody actually answer the question?

Have you called Williams? If they made it, they certainly will know what sights they sold to GM! Forget searching catalogs!

You can also call Brownell's, as they have sold Williams sights for Years to gunsmiths to replace broken and lost sights. :thumbsup:

Again, I got home from work too late to call Williams.

I already checked Brownells. Can't find an exact match. Already checked Williams site too. Their site isn't very good. They list a set of sights, but the picture is a generic picture thats the same picture they show for almost every single sight on the website. So I really wouldn't know what I was ordering.

I guess I'll just wait until Monday. :surrender:

Chris,
I wish I could help, I'm sure you're frustrated. The Green Mountain 1" .54 drop-in barrel I bought for one of my Renegades came with clones of T/C "new style" factory sights and they were pi$$poor sights at that! I've since replaced both of them. Any way you could post a picture of the sights you're lookin' for?

BPS

Ok, 20 minutes. Photobucket is being a pain in the rear tonight.

These are the Williams sights on my 15/16" barrel. .54 caliber. Green Mountain.

I know they look 'similar' to the factory TC sights. But when you look through them - completely different.

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

Well...the front sight that came on my GM barrel is identical, but I've never seen a rear sight like that one?? I could deal with a rear sight like that on a few of my rifles. Make sure you post it if you can find them...

BPS

For reference, here are the factory TC sights on the .45 barrel

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

I can't stand the slow sloping Vee on the rear sight.

The vertical part on the front sight is very thick and clouds up my sight picture. The front bead is twice the size of the Williams bead. It's so fat that it completely covers all the black on a target 100yds away. I'd like to have a smaller bead so I can see around it and see a little bit of the black.

Blackpowdersmoke said:
Well...the front sight that came on my GM barrel is identical, but I've never seen a rear sight like that one?? I could deal with a rear sight like that on a few of my rifles. Make sure you post it if you can find them...

BPS

Will do.

ChrisHarris said:
For reference, here are the factory TC sights on the .45 barrel

I can't stand the slow sloping Vee on the rear sight.

The vertical part on the front sight is very thick and clouds up my sight picture. The front bead is twice the size of the Williams bead. It's so fat that it completely covers all the black on a target 100yds away. I'd like to have a smaller bead so I can see around it and see a little bit of the black.
I couldn't stand that front sight especially...darn thing covered the entire target at 50 yds! The rear sight that came on my GM was exactly like the T/C sight you pictured, it just didn't have a T/C logo on it. Go to www.marblearms.com and search through their front sights. I have bought some of their replacement front sights for several of my guns. There are different heights available as well as different bead sizes. All steel construction too.

Chris that rear sight looks a lot like one of the fiber optic sights with the fiber part missing. You have the loop and the holes but it is not there. You might have to expand your search for the sight you are looking for. It might just be a modified optic. Good luck
Fox :thumbsup:

Chris,
TC makes a rear sight with a flat top and a square notch. You could file the bottom of the notch round and have what you have pictured. Take the TC front and file off the rear of the top bead and attach a piece of brass rod.
Mark

ChrisHarris said:
Ok, 20 minutes. Photobucket is being a pain in the rear tonight.

These are the Williams sights on my 15/16" barrel. .54 caliber. Green Mountain.

I know they look 'similar' to the factory TC sights. But when you look through them - completely different.

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

I have them on my CVA and it is also a short rear sight compared to the long rear sight in your picture.

FWIW the fiber optic thread in the rear sight has been removed. The front sight is also modified or not an original Williams sight. But you probably already know that. The reason that I am mentioning it is that the rear sight may be some kind of homemade hybrid.

Bob

I did find the front sight on Brownells website today. Still can't find anything that looks like that rear sight.

I wondered what that little curved channel in the rear sight was for. Thanks for the heads up on that being a channel for fiber optic.

Fella, look in track of the wolf under adjustable sights rs wm -16 looks identical to it from the top view check it out and see what you think yours hounddog

silverfox said:
Chris that rear sight looks a lot like one of the fiber optic sights with the fiber part missing. You have the loop and the holes but it is not there. You might have to expand your search for the sight you are looking for. It might just be a modified optic. Good luck
Fox :thumbsup:
B-Jaysus silverfox! You hit the nail on the head! I knew something looked familiar...I just couldn't put my finger on it! That's exactly what it is!

BPS

Back