• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help procuring powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just booked a Gould's turkey hunt in Mexico for May 2022 and I would love to do it with a flintlock smoothbore if I can get some powder there. My outfitter said if he could find some near El Paso, he could get it across the border. Do any of you all know of a place in that area where I can get some 3F and 4F powder? I know it's a long way off but I'd just as soon figure out this puzzle with lots of time to spare.

Thanks in advance!

Darren

I don't know where in that area to get any, but I have one suggestion that may make things easier. I've used a lot of 3F for priming powder and really haven't noticed any difference between it and 4F. So if all you are able to find is 3F, I think you'd be OK.

Back