• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need ideas TC Hawken sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could pickup a better hawken styled rifle but i feel like its time for a makeover. New sights, some stock modifications, browning the steel etc. I'm saving my pennies for a Kentucky rifle.

I have thought the same at one time. I came to this conclusion....It is what it is. That being a very good, maybe the best factory made contemporary muzzleloader. To try to remake it into something it's not ..... A kinda sorta rifle neither TC or PC, what have you accomplished?

To be sentimental....It's a trusted friend that has it's own merit so why try to change it?

As mentioned you can find some sights to that will screw in or be made to screw into the factory holes. That's All I would do.

I would not dovetail new sights.

It's your rifle you can do what you want but personally I would save all the PC concerns for a future project.

BTW they are no longer making these and as the years go by....they will only increase in value. Look at the prices of the Senecas and Cherokees.

Regarding the sights, I don't believe his concern was about being PC, but rather improving the quality of his sighting device on his current rifle. As far as future collectability? The jury is still out on that one. Adjusted for inflation, these good old factory rifles are selling for less than they cost new. The T/C Senecas and Cherokees are selling for a premium due to the limited supply of a light, small caliber rifle. IMO.

I looked around for that screw on dovetail adaptor and could not find for sale anywhere. I have the same complaint about the sights on an IBS barrel on a GPR and wanted the screw on dovetail for it.

I've decided to make one out of 1/4 inch thick steel by starting out oversize and drilling the holes first then shaping with files to an appearance that suits me. Then I'll file a 3/8 wide and 3/32 deep dovetail into it.

Just an idea 💡

I have one of those T/C dovetail mounts that's browned that I'd let go. I ended up going the plug one hole, dovetail cut over the other hole route. Send me a PM if you're interested and we can work out the details.

It was the OP that needs the solution and I'd prefer he have the opportunity to get it. I'm kinda looking forward to the making of one.

I took a piece of steel, bent it to ~70-80 degrees (made an L-shape with the long arm serving as the base), drilled holes in the center-line corresponding to the holes in the barrel, countersunk them and used the original screws to mount it in place. I then filed a V-notch in the sight (on the center-line) and shaped the piece to suit my tastes. Works well and I got rid of the stock adjustable sight. Just make sure to make it tall enough to account for the height of the front sight.

thanks for the help guys, i got the TC "conversion" sight from the hawkenshop in the mail yesterday and got to work on cleaning it up and polishing it.

hopefully have it mounted and have everything ready to be browned soon

Back