• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Needed meat...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Bird / Dog / Gun. I grew up in Pennsylvania 60's / 70's. Was the hay day for pheasants Brother and I got our limits at least 3 times a week after school. Dad raised rabbit hounds and I had one that would trail ring necks as good as rabbits. Then they started decline and the family farms were sold off for houses. Buy the mid 80's I had switched to raising English Springers and hunting ruffed grouse and Ducks / Geese. Moved to Virgina and after the Tree huggers got all the logging stopped, we lost our grouse here as well. And lost my best dog. Now at my age and both my boys gone don't hunt the rivers any longer. Early squirrel season we have a lot of leaves still on the Hickorys and Oaks, so I use my 1860's era 12ga double barrel. Later after that I use the 36-caliber had to install peep sight for the aging eyes. Man, I miss that bird hunting. Thank you for the reminder and pictures...

You certainly had a great day out in the field with your trusty companion. I finished reaming out the rifling on my 45 cal kit gun. I'm anxious to get back out to the range and do some load development.
Are the pheasants around you native or do they stock birds like here in PA?

You certainly had a great day out in the field with your trusty companion. I finished reaming out the rifling on my 45 cal kit gun. I'm anxious to get back out to the range and do some load development.
Are the pheasants around you native or do they stock birds like here in PA?
There are local small shoots all around me. They stock up and some wander off them onto me.
Whilst some are dumb I get birds that are a few years wild and have learnt a trick or two! They soon learn!

Back