• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY beautiful Rifle there Captain! I understand a lot of work is involved in a rifle from Pecatonica and I am considering my hand at one. Which rifles of theirs have you completed and which one did you enjoy working on the most? Again a very beautiful rifle to be proud of.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks again sirs! I have built this VA rifle and their Fowler. Both went together very well. I also have one of their Pre-Rev Kentucky rifle stocks but I have not started it yet. I'm using it as the replacement stock for a gun I was working on that I discovered had a bad ramrod hole after I was about 1/2 done. :( That was not a Pecatonica stock. I learned a good lesson on that one. Birddog6 explained that what needs to be done is to drill a small hole in the barrel channel near the breech and to measure and determine that the rr hole is properly located. Great tip! :thumbsup: Now I do that as soon as I receive a stock.

I have been real happy with Pecatonica. Dick will do everything possible to put it together to any stage you'd like and you can mix and match parts if you feel like it too.

That's a definite "white collar" gun. Simply AMAZING work, beautifully done! :thumbsup: :bow:

Fred: That is a good looking rifle. Very nice job, and especially like the patchbox. :thumbsup:

Keith Lisle

Very nicely done. Your carvings looks good to me.Should give you many years of service.

Back