• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Cap and Ball Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like the classic looks of the 1860. Mine was made by Pietta and I love it. Congrats. :thumbsup:

Don

just spent a day blazing away with mine. They are lots more fun to shoot than to look at, and they sure look mighty good. :thumbsup: graybeard

I think the 1860 is the most classically beautiful revolver ever made. I just picked one up a week or so ago. Also a Uberti.

They're a great gun. My wife has a Pietta brand 1860 and she loves shooting it. (And so do I!)

Try 27 grains of Goex 3Fg, an Oxyoke .45 cal lubed wonder-wad on top of the powder & a .454 Hornady ball on top. VERY accurate loading out to 50 yards & more. My Son's Colt 1860 Army helped me to earn my NRA Distinguished Expert in muzzleloading pistol! Great gun, nice balance!

Good luck with yours & enjoy it!

Dave

I'd be interested, to see if it shoots point of aim at 25 yards. I had a Uberti, Walker, that did.
Maybe you could give us a range report, when you get it dialed in. I think the Uberti's are the best of the reproductions. Details like, the hardness of the screws, etc., can make or break a pistol. I think this is what sets Uberti, above the others, and that's why they generally cost, a few dollars more. The 1860 is one of the best looking pistols, and best size to shoot and carry.

The Goose said:
I think the 1860 is the most classically beautiful revolver ever made.
Agree 100%! I have always loved those lovely lines!! :thumbsup:

Nice, I have two teenage boys and they keep on me to get a revolver like that. They like my rifle but nothing like a six shooter I guess...
Regards,
Dave

That grip looks a little longer and more slender to me. I dunno...

They are sweet.

Back