• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New England Smooth Rifle Canoe Gun....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Yep, thats what she is....in 20 gauge :rotf:

IMAG0075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown how she patterns, have to wait til I hear the....

Arggggghh / Thud of Mike Brooks banging his head on the wall..:grin:

Giz

gizamo said:

Giz
I'll be posting a REAL canoe gun tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Mike Brooks said:
gizamo said:

Giz
I'll be posting a REAL canoe gun tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Cool Beans Mike, looking forward to it... :thumbsup:

hanshi said:
That gun is plum cute! I'm a sucker for short, handy guns. Who were it's parents?

This gun was made up from assorted parts, a shortened barrel, and a full length stock. Barrel is 20 gauge and at 23 3/4".... lock is a early L&R English round face. Rest is parts and pieces. Rear sight is custom, made of thin brass.

IMAG0080-2.jpg

From the pic you can see how small she is in scale.... Sweet little gun.

Giz

That is a nice looking gun for sure. I never really paid much attention to canoe guns until I started seeing all the ones on this forum. I think i'll have to add one to the battery this year. It can be a buddy for my chopped Springfield '63.

Horse pistols were carried on horses, barn guns were kept in barns......canoe guns......never existed.

Aw come on! I saw a movie once where they were using their guns to paddle their canoes. Doesn't that make them canoe guns?:blah:

Latest posts

Back