• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New here thought I'd add...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank ya all... I cant believe I walked up that cat either ... we kinda just came a crossing path at the same time. he was a pretty big fella..
Im six foot and holding by his tail I had to raise him above my belt to get his head off the ground..

Using your rifle as a gage it looks like that cat is as big as the deer (or the other way around) :wink:
Great Pics and welcome to the forum!

Thanks all ... that 8pt was a prize as it was a public land deer, and in Texas we don't have a whole lot of public land let alone deer on it haha. Took great effort on my part to drag that fella out of the woods for sure, the joy of huntin alone.

Wish I could tell ya more about the rifle, I picked it up off from Trackofthewolf years back.
She's a 50 cal slow twist round ball shootin iron though... shoots way better than I can I'll tell ya. barrel is a 42" Greenmountain and only markings on it are "Lancaster" in nice script writing and alitte heart which incases the initials "JP".

That is a fine looking rifle. And that's a beauty of a cat. Quite a trophy. Back when I use to live in Georgia, decades ago, I killed a couple of nice bobcats with my percussion .45. Wish I'd had a digital camera or ANY kind of camera (some 50 years ago, you see). Congratulations.

Yeah little snap shots like that are a great thing.
That cat fell over like a bowling pin and when the smoke cleared at first I thought I had missed him as I didn't see him for his natural ability to blend in.. that and Im surprised when I hit anything haha.

Back