• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New kid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shlink

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished this one up couple of weeks ago

100_0010.jpg

Nice looking end results, but can you tell us a little about it, like the caliber, weight, type of wood, stain used, length of time to make it???

TOW "kit" .58, 1"x36" barrel, haven't weighed it. Heavy tho, woods a M-1 maple. Forgot what stain think a dark walnut something or other, and formbys Tung oil finish.
Its got its flaws for sure, but bet the Elk aren't gonna mind. :hatsoff:

Nice lookin'

I like the wood... :hatsoff:

Ain't got around to trying my hand at buggering up a kit, yet.

Maybe this summer, whens it's way to hot before it gets cold again....
( I can finish a kit in a week and a half, right??) :hmm:

Legion

If your "newkid" doesn't play well with your "other children", let me know. I'm very open to adopting a bad seed such as this!!!

....pretty, ooooh, ahhhhh
Hope it performs well for you!

Brett

I think TOW claims 40 hours to build this one with regular hand tools :youcrazy:
Figure I got closer to 80 into it. Not real sure about getting anymore of thier complete kits, spent alot of time rebuilding wax cast parts, think I can build em from scratch faster and easier. :winking:

Shlink,
Unusual for TOW kits...Haven't heard
many if any complaints about them. Just
wondering if you contacted them about any problems you had. It's my understanding they are
fairly good at making things right. Just a thought.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Nice kid ya got there.
If the kid looks like that I wonder what the wife looks like. :rotf:
Ya done a good job there.

Keep em smoken
freeonthree

Back