• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New knife...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcurman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a knife I finished a couple days ago. I made it out of an old hay rake tooth. Here are some pictures I took of it being made...

Heating it up...

IMG_5791.jpg

After some beating and pounding I had a flat piece of steel...

IMG_5804.jpg

Hmmm... that's starting to look somewhat like a knife.. :hmm:

IMG_5810.jpg

Almost there...

IMG_5811.jpg

Finished product!
IMG_5882.jpg

I dyed the handle in tea.

IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

It is most certainly primitive, but I'm pretty pleased with it. :)

Thanks for looking!

Ben

Nice! I like the "home made look" type knives. How'd you temper, etc. after heating and hammering?

:thumbsup: thats just cool!!! It looks to me like what a frontier farmer might have made for himself from scrap. Nothing ever went to waste. Great job, keep it up. :hatsoff:

smoothbore addict said:
It looks to me like what a frontier farmer might have made for himself from scrap.

That's what I was hoping it would look like. :thumbsup: Thank you for the compliments guys!

I like the look of the "homemade" stuff. really nice. You have talent!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

I like it and I showed it to Sevan and it was a hit.
We both really like the look of a home made tool.

Looks like something a farmer way back when might have hammered out for himself.

Back