• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member, first post

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyro

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just found this site. I am from Canada. I like all types of firearms, not just muzzleloaders. As far as muzzleloaders go, I have a TC Hawken 45 cal, and a Pietta 1858 New Army cap & ball. Some time in the future, I would like to build a rifle completely from scratch, rather than from a kit.

Pyro: A Big Welcome To The Camp ! ! I'm glad you found us. You'll fine all kinds of information here, even how the best way to start building your Muzzleloader from scatch. I too like all kinds of firearms. I also have a T/C 50cal fintlock Hawkens and a T/C 54cal percussion Hawkens. I
really enjoy shooting my blackpowder rifles. I'm not ready to do a rifle from scatch, but I would like to do a kit first. To help you in your search, check these two sites: www.dixiegunworks.com and www.trackofthewolf.com They can help with all kinds of parts, and anything that you would need with muzzleloading. Anyway, welcome to the camp. Take care, Mtn-Man2u (Steve) :)

Thanks Mtn-Man.
I also want to wish my American friends a happy July 4th. We just celebrated Canada Day on July 1st

Pyro - Welcome, young man. I like how you introduced yourself. I always respect a fella who cherishes firearms, especially the grand old dames of days gone by. Heck by the sounds of it, yer almost one of "U.S." Annawho tell what part of CA you hail from. I'm sittin jus a few miles from the river maself and actually lived for a while in Upper Canada.

Nuther welcome, sse :winking:

Welcome Pyro:

You will find there is quite a few of your fellow Canadians here, great bunch of people...

Glad you are here with us...

Hi Pyro welcome to the forum I have only been a member for about a month the folks here are real nice and friendly and helpful there are a few of us canadians around take care .rusty

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
SSE, I am from British Columbia, on the west coast of Canada.

Back