• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from WV.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not far from Winchester. Across the state line in Hampshire county. :)
Welcome aboard from just across the Potomac. My grandfather (1901-1981) was born and raised in Hampshire County. His family was in the sawmill business. He told me about the Chestnut blight and it's effects on wildlife and hunting. He moved his family here to Maryland to work at Fairchild Aircraft during the war. Still have family around Moorefield in Hardy County.

Welcome aboard from just across the Potomac. My grandfather (1901-1981) was born and raised in Hampshire County. His family was in the sawmill business. He told me about the Chestnut blight and it's effects on wildlife and hunting. He moved his family here to Maryland to work at Fairchild Aircraft during the war. Still have family around Moorefield in Hardy County.
I grew up in Moorefield. Graduated from high school there in 1971. Funny that you should mention chestnut trees. A friend just planted 4 American chestnut trees on my property that are supposed to be blight resistant. I had an uncle that was vice president at Fairchild and my younger brother worked on the A10 at Fairchild right out of high school.

Hello all. Current cartridge rifle shooter and reloader, but have been drooling over the beautiful flintlocks for sale here. Leaning toward building my own from a kit, but may purchase one already built. Looking forward to learning more.
I've wanted to get there to WV, where the 1920's mine strike was! There's a movie and books about it, most people don't know of it.

I grew up in Moorefield. Graduated from high school there in 1971. Funny that you should mention chestnut trees. A friend just planted 4 American chestnut trees on my property that are supposed to be blight resistant. I had an uncle that was vice president at Fairchild and my younger brother worked on the A10 at Fairchild right out of high school.
Did you happen to have a Mr. Roger Sherman for a teacher? He was a cousin. You probably graduated with or near Poling cousins, Debbie, Greg and Danny. Nice country and good folks around there. I have many good memories of family reunions in Moorefield. Memories of piles of delicious food and desserts fixed by good country cooks. While the adults talked of old times we kids played on the banks and swam in the South Branch.

Did you happen to have a Mr. Roger Sherman for a teacher? He was a cousin. You probably graduated with or near Poling cousins, Debbie, Greg and Danny. Nice country and good folks around there. I have many good memories of family reunions in Moorefield. Memories of piles of delicious food and desserts fixed by good country cooks. While the adults talked of old times we kids played on the banks and swam in the South Branch.
Mr. Sherman was my 4th grade teacher and I graduated with Danny. Deb (Danny's wife) passed away a couple of years ago and was a real sweetheart. Small world.

Hello all. Current cartridge rifle shooter and reloader, but have been drooling over the beautiful flintlocks for sale here. Leaning toward building my own from a kit, but may purchase one already built. Looking forward to learning more.
what part of West va are you from

Latest posts

Back