• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mibit911

.50 cal
Reaction score
Hello guys I'm new to the forum! I'm an avid gun collector and dabbled in cap and ball revolvers before deciding I wanted to try my.hand at smoothbore flintlocks. I'm relatively new to the blackpowder world with only a few years experience so I always am looking to learn new things and maybe try my hand at revolutionary war reenacting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from New York State's Central-Leatherstocking region.

Flintlocks are different. You have to get the proer lock geometry (MUCH less forgiving than cap guns), prevent water intrusion, prepare the flint edge, and prime properly. But the rewards are great. To prove it to myself for my favored load and method I fired 30 for 30 without wiping between shots: just loading and priming. No misfires.

Hello guys I'm new to the forum! I'm an avid gun collector and dabbled in cap and ball revolvers before deciding I wanted to try my.hand at smoothbore flintlocks. I'm relatively new to the blackpowder world with only a few years experience so I always am looking to learn new things and maybe try my hand at revolutionary war reenacting.
There may be a bit of an uptick in Rev War enacting due to the upcoming 250th anniv. of 1776. Good luck!

Back