• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
hello from another new guy! a few years ago i bought a flintlock, the gun shop guy thought i was nuts when i told him i was going to shoot it! i bought lead, flint, powder,melting pot, mould,etc. went to gun clubs monthly black powder meet, and thats when i found out how little i knew. my 69 cal was realy 54 cal,all those minnies i cast didn't fit. frizzen was not hard enough to throw good spark.gee how do i unload this darn thing? lucky for me the oldbridge r&p clubs black powder league didn't laugh in my face, they just went out of their way to help me . now i look forward to their monthly shoots, heck i can even hit the target sometimes!!! when i found this site i had read some about lubes, etc. and knew it'll be one of my favorites.

my 69 cal was realy 54 cal,all those minnies i cast didn't fit.

One good thing about lead, it can be melted and recast into the proper caliber...

Welcome to the forum...

Welcome! I'm almost embarassed to admit how much I DIDN'T know before I joined up here.
Lube ya say? I like makin' lube.
I can't shoot worth a manure but I got pretty good at makin' lube!

Hi Peter,

That no one laughed at you is typical of the blackpowder community. We love this hobby and all had to start somewhere. At least you started with a flintlock which is better than I.

There's plenty to learn and even the old masters like Wallace Gusler are still learning.

I have the honour, Sir, to be your obedient Servant,

Gary

peter
welcome on board the forum. i am sure you will find a
lot info here.
again welcome
I am snake-eyes :)

Back