• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New/ old member: Hello all, I am Doc Cox from S Texas.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to all for allowing me to join.
I am 82. I was heavy into the Mountain Man rendezvous scene from the late 70s until the late 80s, I attended a number of Western National Rendezvous. In the late 80s I moved East then became more of a woods runner/ Eastern Long Hunter. I attended a number of Eastern National Rendezvous, and have been to the Alafia River Rendezvous in FL several times.
I moved to the Texas hill country in early 2000 and have not been active since. I still have all of my old gear and would like to attend one more good rendezvous.
Oh. I have pretty much give up on percussion and now shoot mostly flintlock.
I have several scrap books from the Western and Eastern rendezvous. I will try and figure out how to post a few pix if there is any interest.
Respectfully
Doc

Thanks to all for allowing me to join.
I am 82. I was heavy into the Mountain Man rendezvous scene from the late 70s until the late 80s, I attended a number of Western National Rendezvous. In the late 80s I moved East then became more of a woods runner/ Eastern Long Hunter. I attended a number of Eastern National Rendezvous, and have been to the Alafia River Rendezvous in FL several times.
I moved to the Texas hill country in early 2000 and have not been active since. I still have all of my old gear and would like to attend one more good rendezvous.

Respectfully
Doc
Welcome home to the Republic, Doc! The Texas Association of Buckskinners holds three private rendezvous a year, usually in or near the Houston-San Antonio-Dallas triangle. T.A.B. also does one event open to the public at the Presideo in Goliad in December, but no place to shoot at this one.

Here is the best link I know for Texas Rendezvous and Shooting clubs:
https://www.buckskinning.org/groups/texas-clubs-list/

Back