• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New/ old member: Hello all, I am Doc Cox from S Texas.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

I’d love to see some of your rendezvous pictures…. If you have a newer cell phone, you can just take a picture of a picture to digitize it.

It usually helps to take the printed photo out from behind the cellophane of your scrapbooks if they’re made that way, and just line it up, shooting straight down. Try not to let shadows interfere. I’ve found it helpful to zoom the camera somewhat, and that makes it easier to avoid shadows.

If you wanna get fancy, most cellphone cameras have an edit function, and if you can figure it out, you can crop the photo right after you take it to eliminate extraneous background.

Again, welcome!

Thanks to all for allowing me to join.
I am 82. I was heavy into the Mountain Man rendezvous scene from the late 70s until the late 80s, I attended a number of Western National Rendezvous. In the late 80s I moved East then became more of a woods runner/ Eastern Long Hunter. I attended a number of Eastern National Rendezvous, and have been to the Alafia River Rendezvous in FL several times.
I moved to the Texas hill country in early 2000 and have not been active since. I still have all of my old gear and would like to attend one more good rendezvous.
Oh. I have pretty much give up on percussion and now shoot mostly flintlock.
I have several scrap books from the Western and Eastern rendezvous. I will try and figure out how to post a few pix if there is any interest.
Respectfully
Doc
Flintlocks have a special kinda magic to them!

Thanks to all for allowing me to join.
I am 82. I was heavy into the Mountain Man rendezvous scene from the late 70s until the late 80s, I attended a number of Western National Rendezvous. In the late 80s I moved East then became more of a woods runner/ Eastern Long Hunter. I attended a number of Eastern National Rendezvous, and have been to the Alafia River Rendezvous in FL several times.
I moved to the Texas hill country in early 2000 and have not been active since. I still have all of my old gear and would like to attend one more good rendezvous.
Oh. I have pretty much give up on percussion and now shoot mostly flintlock.
I have several scrap books from the Western and Eastern rendezvous. I will try and figure out how to post a few pix if there is any interest.
Respectfully
Doc
Ive done a few Easterns mid Westerns N E s & one Western R Vous on the Flathead we may have met never did Alifia but 16 or more Easterns and as many little ones as where near me to get too . plus F&I, Revolt war , Displaced River boat Confederate , Even SCA . So I know where your coming from

.Brother 'Smo' on the forum has probably done more but he lives over there I just' Wintered' in the US swopping hemispheres like the geese who are not as silly as there made out to be . Stone Gate Tavern was my last' Eastern 'Eds Green hats' Mud Eastern 'at Salamanca was my most memorable I mean' muds primitive' they had mud ! it was' wicked authentic' If Poor Ed got more kicks than hyapenis , Our ' Widowmaker's ' where always ' brother chip' & in tune with Eds worthy's .What fun you & me had .Welcome indeed .
Regards Rudyard ( 'Commissioned 'Lt Mork 'by Brer ' Lizard ' as much for the novelty of a poet & a traveler ? but he had a sense of Humer & I could be witty ) R

Back