• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Pedersoli Whitworth Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ding Ringer

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have just ordered a new Pedersoli Whitworth .451 rifle complete with hexagonal bore.
I have always marveled at the feats of this rifle and when one came up and I had the cash, well er Bingo!! I have ordered the rifle with a mould for p/p hex bullits to get me started. I also have a .451 mould for my .451 Gibbs muzzleloader and may be able to use these as well.
As I am relatively new to this caliber and long range muzzleloading, I would welcome any contacts with other LRMR shooters and any tips, advice etc.
Cheers, Ding Ringer

Good luck with the Whitworth. If you have a Gibbs you’ll likely have a good idea on the management of these rifles already. Start with the same loads you’re using in your Gibbs. If you haven’t got one on order, see if you can find a hex. wad cutter. The main issue with long range rifles is the nipple will erode quickly - the solution in the 19th century, as is today, is a platinum lined nipple.

I have a bunch of historical and introductory articles on Long Range Muzzle Loading on my web site.

David

Back