• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Reenactor looking to get into French and Indian war

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maliki2

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm starting my journey to find a long rifle of the era, possibly a Kentucky long rifle. I need a live-firing one, and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in that direction. I do Civil War and have a Springfield 1861 and I'm looking to extend my collection. Thank you!

Hello,

I'm starting my journey to find a long rifle of the era, possibly a Kentucky long rifle. I need a live-firing one, and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in that direction.
GREETINGS!

So are you looking for an original, or are you looking for a reproduction?
How much abuse will it take? This is important as you might want to think about a less expensive, functional factory long rifle that you can bang around in the woods instead of two-grand worth of semi-custom longrifle kit, that one would not want to smack around in the woods.

LD

Most of the firearms of the French and Indian War will be smooth bored. Very few rifled bores have been documented. In fact, very few firearms, smooth or rifled have proper provenance to the mid 1750, especially in Vermont. You will probably be looking for a smooth bored gun.

The best sources for information on firearms used in @Maliki2's location will be the reenactor groups he wants to participate with. These groups will have guidelines on the proper material items needed to participate.

Back