• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new to bp shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REX

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I guess it's about time I introduced myself since I've done a couple of posts already. Home is in northen Calif. (I know-it's the state full of fruits and nuts), 64 yrs young, married for 43 yrs, retired from the phone company and have been shooting and reloading for over 40 yrs.
I'm new to muzzle loading, got interested after the wife and I took a trip east last year and saw some reenactments at some forts along the Great Lakes and Gettysburg, so when we got back I ordered a LH GPR caplock from Lyman, then I just had to have a flint lock, so I put together a Hawkens LH flint kit from DGW.
I've asked a lot of questions and got great answers, thanks. There are nothing but helpful people on this forum. Oh yah, just call me Rex.

Rex (westcoastBPgramps)
bp can be fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

WestCoastBPgramps(Rex): Always glad to hear of another Gramp getting hooked on Black Powder! If Your like Me! You probably wished You'd dicovered the addiction much sooner.I'll be 67 this Halloween,only been doing Black Powder for 8-10 years.Come from up-state N.Y.Left there many years ago.Used to have a Gun Shop there in the late 50s into the 60s.(smokeless cartridge weapons).I've got more finger prints on file than Capone.Every time You added a new handgun to Your personal concealed weapons permit They made You do the whole routine over.I'm haveing a great time Makeing gear, restocking and building kits Etc.This is the right camp to talk History and glean information on the old guns and ways.Pull up a stump and join in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ::

Rex: Thank you for the introduction.
As you have figured out by now, you are more than welcome here.
You and people like you with lots of questions (and helpful hints) are what keeps this forum alive and interesting.

Again a hearty Welcome.

Welcome to the fire Rex. There are some real nice people here. Lots of good info being shared. I'm a West coast grandpa too. I am 50, 51 in July, going on 80 at times it feels like. We are raising our 16 year old granddaughter, so life sure ain't boring here. I am in South Central Oregon, just outside of Klamath Falls. Been shooting BP since about '75. Kinda addictive isn't it. hahaha Good to have ya at the camp.

WestCoastBPgramps I'm glad you found us, and you were so conforable, that you had begin helping us with your wisdom and knowledge. A Big Welcome To The Camp !!! How close do you live from Yrekra. I have stop there many times on our way to Southern Calif (29 Palms) To enjoy the town and it's beauty. And then back to Oregon City (outside of Portland) Well you take care Rex, Steve :)

Back