• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to BP world

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquirrelFlinter

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am from PA but live in VA. I am in the U.S. Navy but do not have much time to shoot(underway). I got into muzzleloading looking at cabela's catalogs. I have a T/c Hawken kit I built at 16 and A pedersoli .32 frontier. I am heading to shore duty and looking to build a Jim Chambers smooth rifle this fall. I am hoping someone could head me in the right direction on what tools I will need to build this gun. I would like to get the tools together before I buy the kit.

SquirrelFlinter,
Welcome to the forum glad to have you
on board(pun intended). First let me say :thanks: for
your service to our Country. As to your tool question
be sure to check the "Builders Bench" forum, lots of
friendly folks there will help you out. Don't forget the
'Search' feature of the MLF, lots of info in the archives.
Contribute when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active,
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Ahoy! I was AirWing aboard the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, CVN 69, back in 1982. I reported to NAS Cecil Field with my duffle bag over my shoulder and a .50 cal. Hawken in hand. There was a Jarhead Gunney Sgt. that checked my rifle into the armory, and in a round about way he let it be known that he sure would like to try it out, so that established access to the range anytime I wanted.

You'll enjoy this site. Lot's of good info here. :grey:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :blue: :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back