• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes it comes down to ice cream. We and our firelocks all like certain flavors. Some of my firelocks LOVE black English flints, I wish Tom Fuller still sold it this mixed grey they sell now isn't the same as the old Brandon Gunflints I used to use, black as tar. But I get generally decent performance from Tom Fuller's flints occasionally I get a bag that shatters to flinders on the first drop.

I use Rich's flints in a couple pieces too, though my Dutch Doglock (real square hammer and cock) tends to eat them too fast. I need to find some dutch spall flints at least for demo on that one.

Some likes one, some likes another the testing (tasting to keep the ice cream metaphor) is half the fun!!

Welcome to the addiction!!

Bryan K. Brown www.gunsmithy.com www.jaegerkorps.org
[email protected]
[email protected]

Alle künst ist umsunst wenn ein Engle auf dem Zundlocke brünst.

Last edited by a moderator:
My lock has a hole in it that I use to tighten down the jaws on the flint. I've used leather and lead to line the jaws. I'm currently useing lead and hope to get out this weekend to give it another go. I've got some more bullets and Tom Fuller flints on the way as well. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for all the feedback.
BlueDuck

....Tom Fuller flints are my favorite with the French ambers following a close second...

Latest posts

Back