• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to me Rifle for Christmas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo40

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I finally got me a flintlock ole Saint Nick was a good guy this year or I guess I was, definitly no lump of coal here. Its 42" Green Mountain Barrell 45cal, Siler lock, fancy maple stock and a lefty obviously, I got lucky and found this one on Gunbroker an it was local to me so contacted the guy an when they didn't meet his reserve I called him an we made a deal.
poorboy1.jpg

poorboy2.jpg

poorboy3.jpg

poorboy4.jpg

Went to the family farm an shot it while I was on Christmas break an it shoots great, the flintlock action took some getting use to but sure is fun.

That's a nice looking rifle. Heck of a Christmas Gift; you musta been really good last year. :thumbsup: G

I got a note from Santa and he said there was a mix-up, and instead of the lump of coal I got I was supposed to get a really nice rifle, and the guy that got my rifle was supposed to get the lump. So I'm sending your lump, please send my rifle! :rotf:

Stand aside, you louts, and let me render my scholarly judgement!

Hmmmm...excellent photography...flawless stock...I would kill for the ability to finish wood like that...the verdict is in! This is an excellent rifle!

I would like to see a full blown range report on that puppy...

IMHO that is a good looking rifle without question. It appears to be begging to go into the woods and find a deer.

Swwweeeet!I agree with Hanshi, kill a deer. Welcome to our team, when I got my first one I aimed way high right, cause I was dropping my shoulder. I got over it.
Nit Wit :thumbsup:

It shoots better than me right now, took it to the family farm an set up a target at about 30yrds, using 50gr of 3f it was dead on in the bullseye,,, after a few shots of getting over that flintlock flash in front of my face, once I got past that it hits where I point. I'd love to go shoot a deer with it but our deer season ended awhile back, small game and hogs are still open though and got plenty of that around here.

You were a REALLY good boy last year!!!!!
That is a handsome rifle and looks to be a great shooter too! :thumbsup:
Happy New Year, Mate!!!!!

Cheers, DonK

I watched that rifle on Gun Broker for a while. Being as I already have a .45 LR, and wishing that one was a .50 or .54, I didn't enter the bidding.

Nice rifle though, enjoy it.

X
David

CrossXstik I watched an didn't bid either, I did email him to see what his reserve was an when the auction ended I gave him a call an made an offer that he accepted, plus I went an picked it up as he was only an hour away from me. Worked out great.

Back