• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Underhammer Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faw3

69 Cal.
Reaction score
If youv been on about 2 years weve had a groupe of 20 or more people that are REALLY into underhammers, back then GMWW and I was called the "underhammer guys" . A new one showed up about a year or more back on here that is like the orgs,( all parts are inside, it doesnt use the triggerguard spring) but the guy makeing the first one died, well this mornning I got a E and pics (I dont know how to put on here) so contact at [email protected] hope that at least works. they are built one at a time and run about 1.000 each. Fred :hatsoff:

Hi Fred. Good to see your still posting. I recall that fellas web site. His guns do look great. A little steep for my pocket book though.

Viva Underhammers!

Gmww

We've got a cane gun in the family that's an underhammer. It looks to be made by BABCOCK, hard to tell as the barrel has been sanded at some point in time. Has a detachable stock and the trigger appears when the hammer is pulled into firing position.
Also am an underhammer enthusiast. Left hand, right hand, it don't matter, use either side with an underhammer.

nice to see you back fred. some people shoot underhammers, and then theres everybody else! :thumbsup: hope to get out soon and shoot my resurrected underhammer now that we have an hour more daylight tomorrow. hope your doing well. walrus

underhammers forever

The website for The Jacob Underhammer is[url] www.oldjakeproducts.com[/url] This is a truly beautiful firearm made by the late Bart Jacob and his son Lars of Pawlet, VT.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks hoot, just drooled all over my keyboard. a cherry stocked .32 or .36 would be sweet. can't afford it but i can wish!

Ive only seen one bottom slapper in my life.It was a 58 cal.Not sure who made it.But man was it cool.Great shape.Heavy sucker too.The guy used it for elk.Could of have bought it for $300.Now every time I take a step my foot kicks me in the butt.

I shoot my underhammer all the time and now my brother has an itch for one. That jacob is indeed a fine looking rifle!!

If you're a real underhammer guy, check out The Gun Works:
[url] http://www.thegunworks.com/[/url]

They have them from .39 to 8 bore, single and double barrels. Just check out the "Rifle" list on the "Custom & Production Gun" page. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why but those have been on for about a year or more now, someone will come up with a internal spring type like the Hillard and a price of 300 new and make a killing. Fred :hatsoff: ( only problem with the Jacob for me is I put a org Hillard or (?) on here in great shape with the org rear target sight for 1100 I think it was, that would of been the one to get.) :thumbsup:

I recently bought a used 45 cal. Hopkins & Allen underhammer rifle from a pawn shop. It looks to be in very good shape, but was missing the nipple and rear tang sight. I found a proper nipple but have not shot it yet. I think this rifle also originaly was equipped with a brass deflector shield around the nipple. I've been in search for these missing parts but will probably make a shield out of thin sheet brass. This rifle is stamped on the top barrel flat.."The Off Hand" and also has Numerich Arms stamped on the barrel as well. It has a nice Marbles adjustable rear sight and a globe front sight. Does anyone know where I might find a peep sight for this ole smoker?

welcome joelh to the underhammer family. the rear sights are hard to find, took me two years. a member may pop up with one. never know. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Underhammers! Before you knock yourself out trying to re-invent the wheel on a flash cup. Look at these from Track of the Wolf.
Flash cup search.

Thats the flash cup I bought for my Offhand model....I am still looking for an original rear peep1

I dont think thats the old peep sight, I think thsts a regular v notch sight......... although i have been wrong before.??

About a year ago, I bought an underhammer target rifle from Frankonia Jagd in Germany. It was made by Ardesa(www.ardesa.com) in Spain and in some ways is a good value. Mine however had some problems due to poor workmanship and I wasn't able to shoot it until recently and if I lived a lot closer to Germany, I would have asked for another. Now, after a lot of work, it seems to shoot really well with the same bullet that I use in my 40-65, a 410 grain conical nose-pour. If any of you fellers have any experience with these, I'd like to hear about it.

AHHH its org alright Glen but its not the tang - peep sight he's looking for. Ive got the 1 that you and was it WAL 1 told me about last year that cost me 50, I sure wont sell it for that, well wont sell it at all, Ive got just 5 Uhs left after my sell off and one is engraved,trick wood,barrel,the works and that sight is planed for that rifle. Sorry I cant help, we looked for one ofr those on here when we had about 50 H+A shooters and it took a year to find that one. Fred :hatsoff: (good luck maybe you'll just fall over one, it seems to be the way they get found. )

Back