• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New underhammer thunder-boomer!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any muzzleloading barrel blank will work. There were 2 different breechplug threads depending on the caliber and breechplugs show up on eBay fairly regular There's a 3/4-16 one there right now, $12.95 + free shipping but anyone with a lathe could make one from a bolt in just a few minutes. The end that goes into the action is 5/8" dia..

After fitting the plug you only have to locate, drill & tap for the nipple, add sights & thimbles. That's the real beauty of these things.

(also a new hammer & pin for $25 & free shipping)

I can do none of these things, as I'm tool challenged. And I'm unwilling to pay to have it done. Mine is .36 and suits me just fine as a .36.

Gene L said:
I can do none of these things, as I'm tool challenged. And I'm unwilling to pay to have it done. Mine is .36 and suits me just fine as a .36.
Can't argue with that!
That .36 gun is a nail driver.
One of the very best muzzle loaders ever made.
But with it's age, one should have a spare hammer & trigger.
The springs, any good gunsmith can make new ones.
Burn powder!
Fred

Latest posts

Back