• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new " used" T/C, need some suggestions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duke21

40 Cal.
Reaction score
hey guys,

been a while since i last posted. taking care of elderly family members and work have consumed a lot of my time lately. anyhow, had to go to a small local gun show today. I have been wanting a T/C rifle for a while now, and came across a fairly good deal. It is a 50 cal, half stock, with brass end cap, and brass crescent butt plate,and brass patch door. adjustable rear sights, double trigger, percussion gun. barrel is marked t/c arms, rochester, NH cal 50. i need to get a ramrod for it, or possibly make one myself, any good links here to help on that. my other 50cal has one of those "unbreakable plastic jobs, that works good, but is not exactly pretty" also would like to get a manual for this one. any help or ideas would be appreciated.

thanks for all your help,

duke21

While it does not look like the original ramrod, you might consider a brass ramrod.

I don't like wood as they can break. The older I get, the more I consider safety.

RDE

Your model is called a Hawken, I have one of each. Good guns. I like a good straight hickory rod oiled good with linseed oil. Log Cabin Supply will have differnt rods to fit your gun. I bought one of the not all wood ones for my Sencea there. Dilly

I have the same gun in 54 and 40 cal. Dixie has a beautiful "rose wood" rod and you can install you own brass tips. realy makes the gun great. It is on 255 for $16.95. They come 36" long by 3/8". Be sure to order you tips.

What ever rod you get make sure the ends are pinned through the shaft. There is nothing worse than leaving the patch/jag/end in the barrel (O.K. well maybe a ball/ball puller/end) when it comes apart. If you are hunting this get you REALLY POed!!!

Back